Wave Design Consultants Ltd respects and protects the privacy of our customers including online visitors. We understand the need to safeguard your personal information and we respect your rights under the Privacy Act 1993.
Purposes for Collecting Personal Information:
We may collect and use personal information for the following purposes:
- To develop and provide improved products and services for our customers
- To inform customers of other products and services available from Wave Design Consultants Ltd
- To allow customers and employees access to restricted areas of the Wave Design Consultants Ltd website
- To send periodic emails
- To comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or government request
- To identify and resolve technical problems concerning the Wave Design Consultants Ltd site, products and services.
- We use remarketing or similar audiences to advertise online. It could mean that we advertise to previous visitors who haven’t completed a task on our site, for example using the contact form to make an enquiry. This could be in the form of an advertisement on the Google search results page, or a site in the Google Display Network.
- Third party vendors, including Google, show our ads on sites on the Internet.
- We partner with Microsoft Clarity and Microsoft Advertising to capture how you use and interact with our website through behavioral metrics, heatmaps, and session replay to improve and market our products/services. Website usage data is captured using first and third-party cookies and other tracking technologies to determine the popularity of products/services and online activity. Additionally, we use this information for site optimization, fraud/security purposes, and advertising. For more information about how Microsoft collects and uses your data, visit the Microsoft Privacy Statement.
- To opt-out from Meta/Facebook's interest-based ads follow these instructions: https://www.facebook.com/about/ads/
- To opt-out from Microsoft's targeted ads follow these instructions: https://about.ads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
- Alternatively you can opt out of cookies by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative opt out page: https://optout.networkadvertising.org/
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links:
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
CCPA Privacy Rights (Do Not Sell My Personal Information):
Under the CCPA, among other rights, California consumers have the right to: Request that a business that collects a consumer's personal data disclose the categories and specific pieces of personal data that a business has collected about consumers. Request that a business delete any personal data about the consumer that a business has collected. Request that a business that sells a consumer's personal data, not sell the consumer's personal data. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
GDPR Data Protection Rights:
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following: The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service. The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete. The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions. The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions. The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions. The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity. Wave Design Consultants Ltd does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
How to Opt Out of Personalised Advertising:
On our ads look for an AdChoices (https://youradchoices.com/) logo (the blue triangle) in the corner of the ad. Click the logo to learn more about interest-based advertising, who served the ad, and manage your ad options. You can also opt out of seeing personalised ads using the NAI opt out tool (https://optout.networkadvertising.org/). Please note you will still see ads even if you opt out, but they will not be personalised.
Your Rights to Access and Change Information:
You have the right and we encourage you to correct or change information in our records such as address and contact information. Wave Design Consultants Ltd will give you opportunity to review the personal information in your file, if you request that we do so via the contact page here: https://waveagency.co.nz/contact/